MY Awesome White Rice

This is a REALLY simple recipe, I love it and you will love it too! Not many people know how to cook rice properly, and after this you will NEVER use that disgusting quick rice again! Here's the deal, I made white rice for my friends a few times, and now EVERY time I'm over their houses, they ask me to make it again, and again. Apparently "they just can't make the rice the same way I do.." So people of the internet, I'll let you in on my little secret!








Here's what you'll need
  • Dry long grain rice (none of that quick rice stuff.)
  • A pot WITH a lid
  • Water
  • Salt
That's it!

The directions of the rice always state that it's a 2 - 1 ratio. 2 parts water, 1 part rice. Now heat your water till its boiling, once it is throw your rice in and return to a boil. Don't forget to stir. I always add just a little bit more water to the rice. This makes helps make the rice sticky and softer! Once it starts boiling again with the rice, stir and lower to the lowest flame and cover. This is where people will disagree with me.. I stir my rice often, others swear by just letting it sit all by itself. Well if you keep doing it the same way, you'll keep getting the same results. So stir every 5 minutes or so and cover again. This helps release the starch the rice holds onto, thus making it sticky! Once there's no more water and the rice is soft I stir the pot getting all the rice to stick together and comes out mostly in 1 lump.

That's how I make my rice, which is constantly asked for every time I'm with my friends!
On second thought.... I should start a rice fund..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...